Seventh Graders . . .
SCIENCE IS AWESOME! This year we will explore forces, weather changes, bacteria, anatomy and much more. But most importantly we are going to be learning and practicing skills that will help you be successful way beyond the classroom. Get ready to put on your critical thinking, collaboration, and creative hats!
What to expect:
In 7th grade science you will:
- Collaborate, Collaborate, and Collaborate some more
- Engage in Project-Based Learning
- Keep an organized interactive notebook
When you walk through the door you should be prepared to work. Our classroom is a flipped classroom which means your homework will be a ten minute video where you will take notes. That frees up class for project work. Parents, this allows you to hear what's going on in the classroom!
What you will need:
You will need the following materials by the second day of class:
- 1 Composition notebook, college ruled
(Staples has them for .50 currently! --> check it out!)
(amazon wish list located here)
- DuckTape (we build a LOT)
- Food Lion/Walmart Gift Cards for lab supplies
- Cardstock (8x11)
- Hot glue sticks (mini sticks)
- Hot glue gun
- Paper Towels
- Elmer's Glue Sticks